Peter Sargant, CEO, Community Business
Peter joined Community Business as their CEO in December 2019. Peter worked for Standard Chartered Bank for 23 years, across the consumer, wholesale and investment banking businesses in Asia, with his final role as Executive Director, Employee Banking Sales, Corporate Partnerships, within Group Retail Banking. Peter was born in the United Kingdom but has been a Hong Kong resident since 1997.
Peter’s D&I and responsible business accolades include:
– Member of the Standard Chartered D&I Council in Hong Kong for 12 years
– Brand Ambassador for Standard Chartered’s ‘Here for Good’ global brand campaign
– Co-founder and co-Lead of Standard Chartered’s LGBT+ Affinity Network in Hong Kong
– Founding member representing Standard Chartered in the Hong Kong LGBT+ Interbank Forum
– Trainer for the Standard Chartered ‘Living with HIV’ peer education and training program
– Member of the initial Advisory Board of OUTLeadership for Hong Kong from 2012 to 2016
Community Business is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to lead, inspire
and support businesses to improve their positive impact on people and communities.
Community Business Limited
– Board Member, Vice-Chair, Fundraising Strategy Committee Lead, and Chair of Annual Gala
Dinner Event Organising Committee of AIDS Concern (Foundation) Ltd during 2003-2006 and
– Member and Vice Chair of Urban Light’s International Board – from October 2017 to date.
Urban Light is a Thailand based NGO devoted to empowering at risk boys and men to live a life
outside of the grasp of human trafficking
– Central Committee Member of Pink Alliance Hong Kong from 2010 to 2016
– Winner of Community Business’ 2017 ‘LGBT+ Unsung Hero’ Award
– APCOM Corporate Ambassador from 2017 to date
– Amnesty International – Carnival Event Ambassador 2017